Update As of May 10, 2022
As the provincial government lifts restrictions, Free Geek Toronto will be modifying our operations to allow for a safe working environment for our volunteers and staff while offering more services. Starting March 21st, 2022, we will be lifting the capacity restriction and we will be asking customers to wear a mask while they shop.
Free Geek Toronto volunteers and staff will continue to wear masks / face-covering.
What does this mean?
When you come to our shop, you will be asked to use hand sanitizer and to put on a mask if you aren’t already wearing one before shopping. There are a few reasons for this policy:
- While FGT has invested in several high-quality air filters, we cannot open windows in the space, and therefore to protect everyone, volunteers and staff will be wearing masks while in our workspace.
- We’re located in a residential building so we’re trying to be good neighbours and continue minimizing the risks to the tenants.
It is your choice as a customer to wear a mask while in our space. We only ask that you consider doing so.
Free Geek Toronto will be:
- Accepting drop-offs of electronics on Fridays and Saturdays 1 PM – 5 PM via curbside or in-store drop-off. Please come to our direct entrance or call us at 416-572-3737 and we’ll come out to collect the items.
- Open for in-person shopping or pick-ups of online orders Wednesday through Saturday between 1 PM – 5 PM. Please use our direct entrance to enter the store.
- Digicams: 7 Reasons to Try Older Digital Cameras
- How to Donate Unwanted Computers and Electronics for Earth Day 2022
- E-Waste Explained: What Is It, Its Environmental Impact and What You Can Do
- Newmarket reuse project turning technological trash into treasure
- Software Spotlight: 3 Free Open-Source Office Suite Programs