Looking to Make a Difference
Whenever possible, Free Geek Toronto provides no-cost computer hardware to non-profit and social change organizations, including youth-led enterprises, in the Greater Toronto Area on a limited basis. Our inventory of no-cost hardware is dependent on what is donated to us. Desktop computers, flat-screen monitors, and certain other peripherals are often available. Less common donations such as laptops, tablets, smartphones, and higher-end computers and components are typically unavailable within this program.
All Hardware Grant computers have Linux Mint installed.
Free Geek Toronto’s Hardware Grant program is for organizations, not individuals.
Typical requests are for one or two computers at a time.
Free Geek Toronto loves helping out many of the great organizations in the city! We do have some rules, so please go through this before applying.
- Must dispose of the hardware in an environmentally responsible manner when it has reached the end of its life (such as donating it back to Free Geek Toronto).
- Must be able to pick up the hardware from Free Geek Toronto’s office in Toronto, Ontario. Hardware grants are provided unboxed. We do not ship technology to grantees.
- We ask that hardware grant recipients cultivate a positive relationship with Free Geek Toronto, including posting about grants received on your newsletters and social media, to help raise awareness about our program.
- Eligible organizations may not submit multiple applications within 6 months.
- Eligible organizations must wait 90 days after the fulfillment of a grant to reapply.
- We rarely grant hardware to international organizations because we do not ship technology outside Ontario.
To request a hardware grant, please fill out this application form. Please provide as much detail as possible. Qualified or potentially qualified organizations will be contacted for a follow-up. A valid phone number and email are required.